Thursday, February 13, 2014

Caramel sauce recipe

I was making my matcha ice-cream, I don't know why suddenly I just want to eat the caramel sauce. So I just found out the recipe and did it.

This sauce is super easy to make, I saw some recipes they add the cream in the 2nd part... well, after trying this recipe, what you need to do is to mix all the ingredients and sim it, that is very simple, isn't it?

I'm planning to make the caramel ice-cream next time... looking forward...



Ingredients
3/4 cup Brown sugar
1/2 cup half-and-half => Here I use 30% cream
4 tbsp butter (about 57g butter)
Pinch salt
1 tbsp vanilla extract

Instruction
1. Mix the brown sugar, half-and-half, butter and salt in a saucepan over medium-low heat. 

2. Cook while whisking gently for 5 to 7 minutes, until it gets thicker. 
Note: I cook for 5 mins

3. Add the vanilla and cook another minute to thicken further.

4. Turn off the heat, cool slightly and pour the sauce into a jar. Refrigerate until cold.
Note: I didn't put in the fridge... but I keep it in a cool place.
Enjoy!

No comments: